New Awards/Grants/Publications/Invited Talks
1. New Awards/Grants:
- A fully funded PhD studentship available for home UK and EU students in relation to occupancy pattern detection for energy efficiency and comfort managment in buildings based on environment sensing (The project duration is from 2013---2016 ). The specific requirement can be found here!
- Welcome our visiting research fellow - Dr. Guillermo Lopez
Taboada from University of Coruna, Spain.(Data intensive
- BBSRC Grant, 2012-2013, "A Cloud Approach to
Automatic Gene Expression Pattern Recognition and
Annotation Over Large-Scale Images," in collaboration
with MRC, Human Genetics Unit, University of Edinbrgh.
A Postdoctoral Research Associate (RA) for this project is being recruited now! This post has been filled now!
- Higher Education Academy Grant, 2012-2013, 2 RAs are wanted, RA1 and RA2 ( positions has been filled now)
- Amazon Education Research Grant (Amazon Web Services), 2011 - 2013 "Large-scale Gene Expression Pattern Annotation in Images of Mouse Embryo", in collaboration with MRC, Human Genetics Unit, University of Edinbrgh.
- Dorothy Hodgkin Postgraduate Award, RCUK/EPSRC, 2011-2015. Project: " Automatic Detection of Features in Retinal Images to Improve Diagnosis of Eye Disease", in collaboration with the industry.
- TENOVUS SCOTLAND Award, 2011-2012, Project:
"Mathematical Understanding of Obesity and Type 2
Diabetes in Mouse Models", in collaboration with
University of Aberdeen.
2. New Publications:
- Turdi, Z., Han, L. "Automatic Forensic Log File Analysis for MAC OS X Systems", To appear in International Journal of Electronics and Digital Forensics, 2013.
- Altan, H., Rafaee, M., Han, L., Noguchi, M., "Measured indoor Environment and Energy Consumption Compared to Accepted Standards: A Case Study Home in South Ayrshire" ( to appear in Journal of Openhouse International in 2013)
- Haleem,S.M., Han, L, van Hemert, J., Li, B., Nisbet, A., Verhoek, M. "Automatic extraction of the Optic Disc Boundary for Detecting Retinal Diseases", The 14th LASTED International Conference on Computer Graphics and Imaging February 12-14, 2013, Innsbruck, Austria.
- *Han, L., Ong, H.-Y., "Accelerating Biomedical Data Intensive Application using MapReduce", the 13th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Grid Computing (Grid 2012), 20-23, Sep, Beijing, China, 2012
- *Han, L., van Hemert, J., Overton I., Besana P. and Baldockk, R., "The Data Bonanza: Improving Knowledge Discovery - Chapter 4: Development Biology," Publisher: Wiley and sons, in press, 2012.
- *Han, L., Altan, H. and Noguchi, M., "Promoting Energy Conscious Behaviour of Occupants through Monitoring Energy Usage Patterns" ZEMCH 2012 International Conference, 22-23, August, Glasgow, UK, 2012
- Turdi, Z. and Han, L., "A Novel Automatic Log-File Analyser for Mac OS X Forensics", 2012 The 2nd International Conference on Cybercrime, Security and Digital Forensics, 2012, 14-15, May, London, UK.
- Altan, H., Refaee, M., Han, L., and Noguchi, M., "Measured Indoor Environment and Energy Consumption Compared to Accepted Standards: A Case Study Home in South Ayrshire, UK", ZEMCH 2012 International Conference, 22-23, August, Glasgow, UK, 2012
- *Han, L., van Hemert, J., Baldock, R. "Automatically Identifying and Annotating Mouse Embryo Gene Expression Patterns", Bioinformatics, to appear 2011, Oxford Journals, Oxford University Press.
- *Han, L., Liew, C.S., van Hemert, J., Atkinson, M.P. "A Generic Parallel Processing Model for Facilitating Data Mining and Data Integration" Journal of Parallel Computing, 37(1), 2011, pp.157-171, Elsevier Science Publisher.
- Liew, C.S., Atkinson, M.P., Ostrowski, R., Van Hemert, J.I.,
Cole, M., Han, L., "Performance Database: Capturing Data for
Optimising Distributed Streaming workflows", to appear 2011,
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A.
- *Han, L. and Levenberg, A., "A Scalable Online Incremental
Learning for Web Spam Detection", IEEE 2011 2nd World Congress
on Computer Science and Information Engineering, 17-19 June,
2011, Changchun, China.
3. Invited Talks:
- "Automatic Annotation of Gene Expression Patterns for Mouse Embryo", School of Computing, at Beihang University, September, 2012, P. R. China (http://scse.buaa.edu.cn/news/554.html)
- "Data Mining Strategies over Gene Expression Images", at the Open Science Data Cloud NSF PIRE Workshop, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh, July, 2012, (http://research.nesc.ac.uk/taxonomy/term/88)
- “Parallel Data Intensive applications in the cloud”, Seminar talk at the East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, P. R. China, June, 2011
- “Parallel Data Intensive applications in the cloud---A
data mining use case study in the Biomedical Sciences”,
Seminar talk at the University of Manchester, November, 2010,