Prof. HAN obtained her PhD in computing science from the Department of Computer Science, Fudan University, Shanghai, P.R.China in 2002 (Fudan University is a top university in China).
From 2002 to 2004, Prof. HAN was a Head of Network & System
Test Division and the R&D project manager at the Shanghai
Development Center of Computer Software Technology, where she
had charged and completed multiple projects in software
development, computing network research, network & system
testing, software engineering research. Of these projects,
funded by either government or IT industry, three important
government-funded projects are worth mentioning:
- "Knowledge Management For Software enterprises within Software Park", funded by the Ministry of Science & Technology of People's Republic of China. This project was reviewed and appraised by experts from the field and found to have attained national advanced standards.
- The Metrics and Evaluation of Software Quality", funded by Science & Technology Committee of Shanghai. The resulting national standard (No.:GB/T 16260-4) was released in 2005 and has since been widely put into practice.
- "The Metropolitan Network Testing of Shanghai E-Government",
funded by Shanghai government). This project was reviewed and
appraised by experts and the organization of Shanghai
E-Government and found to have attained national advanced
In April 2004, as a Post-Doctoral Research Scientist, Prof. HAN
joined the department of computing science at University of
Glasgow and worked on a three-year EPSRC funded project entitled
"Performance Measurement and Management for Two-Level
Optimization of networks and peer-to-peer application".
From January 2007 to August 2010, Prof. Han worked as a Senior Scientist at the School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh and had contributed to three prestigious large-scale projects (funded by EU-FP7, TSB, and EPSRC respectively):
- ADMIRE-“Advanced Data Mining and Data Integration Research for Europe” (http://www.admire-project.eu http://www.admire-project.eu/), funded by EU-FP7
- FireGrid-“FireGrid Cluster for Next Generation Emergency Support” (http://www.firegrid.org/), funded by Technology Strategy Board (TSB)
- Nano-CMOS-“Meeting the design challenges of the nano-CMOS
electronics” (http://www.nanocmos.ac.uk/), funded by EPSRC.
Prof. Han was a Senior Lecturer and a Reader from July, 2010 to June 2017 and a Personal Chair/Professor from July, 2017 at School of Computing, Mathematics & Digital Technology, Manchester Metropolitan University, respectively